Load Boosters

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Yard, Dec 23, 1999.

1. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Tibren load boosters on their truck? I just ordered a set ($140) for the front of my 95 Chevy K2500HD. I use a Diamond plow which really loads the front end when the bed is empty! I've been wanting to try them for a while, I hope they work as good as they are supposed to. Thanks for any input! Happy plowing

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Yes I have them on my K-3500 cab chassis and they work great. They dont affect the ride and they handle the plow great. I have a western v plow and the front end doesnt move when I raise the blade.<br>I also have them on the rear of my 84 k-20 again they work great, and alot cheaper than new springs. We also installed them on a 99 Ranger ext cab in the front and rear, we have a 7' meyer and a tailgate spreader mounted on the truck and the boosetrs helped a lot.<br>Dino

3. plowking35

from S.E. CT

Yes I have them on my K-3500 cab chassis and they work great. They dont affect the ride and they handle the plow great. I have a western v plow and the front end doesnt move when I raise the blade.<br>I also have them on the rear of my 84 k-20 again they work great, and alot cheaper than new springs. We also installed them on a 99 Ranger ext cab in the front and rear, we have a 7' meyer and a tailgate spreader mounted on the truck and the boosetrs helped a lot.<br>They also install in about 15 min per side. Very simple but effective.<br>Dino

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Has anyone used these boosters on a truck with leaf springs? I have all ford trucks and they all have front and rear leaf springs. The only thing is the 250 HDs sink a little bit too much in the front. I wonder if these boasters will help. I might be wrong but aren't all chevy's and dodge's useing coil spings in front?<p>Geoff

5. plowking35

from S.E. CT

No actually chevy uses torsion bar front IFS. The load boosters will work with any type front suspension. They replace the factory bump stops. <br>The part # is TLB 160F and is available from AW direst at 1-800-243-3194 for around $ 140.00<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Geoff - I have a 94 F-250 that we used here in CT for 2 heavy seasons when I first purchased it. It has an 8' Fisher Minute Mount on it. After the second season the front end was drooping pretty bad and the tires were wearing out on the outside edge. We added a leaf to beef it up, and left the plow on for a while to straighten it back out. This seemed to help the truck all around because the plow stays on most of the winter, and the truck is always used for work - deliveries and pulling a trailer. It rides a little stiffer, but the plow doesn't pull the front end down anymore. Since I added the springs myself it was out of alignment for a while (the tires bowed out a little bit on top - I think the technical term is camber). We had the same place that sold me the springs do an alignment, and the truck has been fine. The alignment process requires solid wedges to adjust the Cast and Camber, so I wouldn't try it myself. BTW the spring place sells boosters, but in my case suggested the leaf for the F-250.<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply<br>http://members.aol.com/scagrider