load handeler used in 12' x 6.5' Trailer.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Matts lawn care, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

When I was looking back into last years leaf removal posts I saw a good number of people that were interested in this so I thought I would share. After pitch-forking the leaves out on several occasions i thought there must be a better way. I thought about it a good long time and came up with this. First I went to walmart and for the load hauler ($84). Then I went to lowes and got 3 sheets of ply wood ($23ea). I cut them to size and then angled them so that the load hauler covered the hole floor. Next I got a heavy duty walmart tarp and attached it to the floor of my trailer and part of the gate ($9) so the load hauler will not snag. I had to cut the lever arm down 3 inched so i would have ground Clarence. I also had to cut out a slit on my sides so I could close the gate. I will have a used 16hp billygoat truck-loader and mesh tarp over the top in a week or 2. For now I have to drag em in. I will take more pictures when its all set up and some pictures at the dump. Any questions let me know. Has anyone tried anything similar to this?

Edit: O yea I dont need any late night calls but thanks anyway.

DSC02722.jpg

DSC02723.jpg

DSC02724.jpg

DSC02725.jpg

2. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

When you start using the leaf loader you probably want to change the angle on your plywood sides. Unloading will be easier if you keep them vertical to reduce friction and keep more weight on the floor.

Looks nice.

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

that is a cool idea, plus, I love the trailer!

4. Matts lawn care

from MD

Thanks I just painted the hole thing white my mom did the rest. I or she still needs to outline "mulching" and "spring and fall clean-up"

5. Matts lawn care

from MD

I have not yet purchased the leaf loader. when I do, I will change the side angles to 90 degrees.

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good matt

7. Matts lawn care

from MD

I just used it for the first time at the dump today. I forgot my camera:(. I had a trailer full of the light fluffy leaves. It did great except for the last 2 feet. The leaves were so light that the load handler just slid right out from under it. The leaves came out in a nice big cube.

8. Matts lawn care

from MD

This system works great and would be good for anyone who doesn't have another truck or a tree to attach to to you can pull the leaves or branches out. here are some actions shots as well as a few of the toys they have at my dump. Enjoy.

DSC02744.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02751.jpg

9. Matts lawn care

from MD

More pictures!

DSC02745.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ummmmm... how do you haul your equipment? Why not just hook the loadhandler to the trailer floor at the back and do away with the gate so it will completely unload? And the sides IMO are a little more than somewhat unprofessional looking.