Load Handler from northern tool?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, May 6, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i'm wanting to get some feed back on the load handler from northern tool. it looks like a great product but does it work like the ad claims? does it show much when you're using the truck for personal use? i use my personal truck to do my accounts and dont want to clutter it up if the load handler is bulky. if it does show much, how hard is it to remove (how many minutes)?

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

It does work but grass gets hung up on the wheel wells. Mulch is ok, branches still get caught sideways and it deteriorates over time. They say not to let the grass set over night in the truck because it nits together all in all not a good investment. I threw mine away.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

the Load handler we bought was the best investment we ever made! Takes out 5 yards of leaves no problem, mulch no problem. If all that i have to rake out is a bit behind the wheel wells as compared to the whole bed. Im okay with that! I would say get it, huge time saver!

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what does it look like mounted on the truck? and how hard is it to remove?

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

its very easy to remove. i will take a picture if i remember tomorrow.

6. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Light duty JUNK!
    And I had the "heavy duty" modle....
    Plus, it scratches up your tailgate...

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is 8 years old, I use it at least once a week for dumping grass Apr-Oct. and often more, plus I use it to dump rocks, mulch, leaves etc. It is not as good as a dump insert, but for what it costs, it is a great investment. I figure I have used it to unload over 250 loads, saving about 10 minutes each time. So it has saved me about 40 hrs. I got it for an anniversary gift in 2000, my wife paid a little over $100 with shipping.

It takes about 1 minute to put it on, or take it off a truck.

8. sjmcdevitt87

sjmcdevitt87 LawnSite Member

good investment. cheap and saves a lot of time