Load Trail vs. PJ

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by S&S Outdoor Services, Jun 8, 2010.

1. S&S Outdoor Services

S&S Outdoor Services LawnSite Member

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with either of these manufacturers? I'm in the market for a 14' x 96" gooseneck dump trailer and as far as I know, these are about the only two manufacturers I could find that make 'em. The load trail with ramps goes for $7495.00 and the PJ with ramps and the deck on the neck goes for 7900.00. If anyone has had god luck or bad luck with either one of these trailers, feel free to throw your two cents in. - Sam
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Bri-Mar also makes them. Check them out. I have two of their trailers and like them.
  3. KyLawnscapes

KyLawnscapes LawnSite Member

I have a pj 14 x 7 I bought at an auction 2 yrs ago from some amish who used it to haul shelled corn and pd $5500 for. It has been well worth it. It is very well built. They sell new around here new for around 8500-9000
  4. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

bri-mar is overpriced and lower quality then the load trail and pj trailers but im pretty sure pj and load trail are made by the same people
  5. S&S Outdoor Services

S&S Outdoor Services LawnSite Member

I just looked it up and looks like they are in the same town. Has anyone ever tried going straight to the manufacturer for a cheaper price?
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I went to the dealer last month to buy a Cam superline and left with a Load Trail. Had never heard of them before but it was clearly better than the Cam. Its a 2010 14K lb 14 ft low profile, extended width, multi function gate, 10k jack, 20k scissor lift, slide in ramps, LED's, pintle hook, tarp kit. It was a grand less than your price but non goose neck.
  7. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

I think Big Tex makes those big dump trailers also.
  8. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

PJ all the way!
  9. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought my 7x14 PJ dump from Sparks trailers. Great people to deal with and priced very well. They even delivered it 300 miles to me. Trailer is a TANK, very very well built.
  10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer carries both. I believe the two manufacturers are related (family) somehow. Good trailers.