loader arm cracks on New Holland LX565

Discussion in 'Accurate Machinery' started by hollywood, Sep 10, 2007.

1. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

In these two pictures there are visible cracks on the loader arms. Thanks to Ken from Accurate Machinery, I knew to look for this problem. If it weren't for his advice I would have easily missed this. He was dead on about what I might find on these loaders. This was on a 1995 New Holland LX 565 with 2800 hours.

100_1951.jpg

100_1950.jpg

2. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

Hollywood,
    Great Job Man! You give me too much credit, the smart thing was doing your research into the machine before your demo. I am glad I was able to help out and this is probably the best example of how we can all benefit by sharing information. The crack you have pictured is very common on the older New Hollands and JD machines with the NH built loader arms. This is at the rear of the machine, where the lower pin mounts a linking rod to the loader arm. If you hadn't gotten down on your knees and looked up you would have never seen the cracks. Thanks for your pictures!

3. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

Hollywood, the welds look uniform and with good penetration. I can't tell if he v'ed out the cracks before welding them but time will tell as you use the machine. Next time you are at the NH dealer you might pick up a spray can of the NH factory black and cover up the work. Then as it ages it will blend in and not be so noticeable. Thanks for the update, looks like you've ended up with a great deal!

4. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

Yes, the welds were V-ed out. I will pick up some paint! Thanks again.