1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Loader rates

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Lawnking, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Lawnking

Lawnking LawnSite Member

I am trying to find out how much to charge per hour on a 12,000# front end loader for moving snow. I currently run a Bobcat and know what to charge, but I have know idea what a current price on a front end loader would be. Thanks for any help on the subject
  2. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what you charge for a Bobcat?
    Loaders in my market could range from $95.- $250.per hour
    Depends on what your market would allow you to charge.
    I am sure you will get more advice.
    Good Luck
  3. Lawnking

Lawnking LawnSite Member

I get 50$ per hour with a bucket or 8 foot blade. 75$ per hour with a snowblower. Do these rates sound reasonable?
  4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

12,000 LB loader isn't very big. Right around 90 to 95

A 24,000 LB loader will equal more money.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

with the costs of heavy equipment,especaily loaders,I think 90 an hr is low.My uncle charges around 200/hr with a 500 minimum.It is a 5 yard loader,and can move a lot of snow in an hour.
  6. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

We charge $165 per hour for a loader this size. This includes travel time between jobs. If the job goes over 2 hours then the rate gets discounted. For a bobcat we charge $80 to $100 per hour.
  7. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

After talking with a buch of you on here i put my backhoe up at $125 and hour or if it's a big job 3hour min.@$85 do those rates sound ok for 1yd machine?
  8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

All markets are different.
    One price in one market is another price in another market.

Be careful.
  9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

You are all welcome to come here the next time it snows & I will find you plenty of work at those rates.
  10. Guest

We get $125 per hour for a 2 yard loader with a two hour minium. Some guys get less and some charge more but we are right around the average for our area.Just My two cents