loader work

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a buddy that wants me to dig out a covert not very deep in the ground, and an older camper trailer tore apart along with some sheets of metal siding bent up and pushed in a hole. Now I have not really wanted to get into demolition but I figure this would not be too hard on a skid steer machine. How much would most of you charge to tear a camper like this apart say 15' long and push in a hole. Not sure if he is wanting if filled in or not. Also Im guessing tearing one of these apart would not be too hard on my machine is it? I know a mini track hoe would be better suited. I'm think of renting a grapple bucket for the machine since it would be so much easier than a regular tooth bucket. I know it's hard to tell someone what you would charge over the intenet without seeing it. Im jsut wanting to get a rough idea.

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know what your state, county or city ordinances are but, if I were starving, I would have to pass on that. For some reason it just strikes a chord in me that it is wrong......whether it is legal or not is one issue, the other issue for me would be I would not want my name attached to something like that....it seems like those things somehow come back to haunt you down the road when you least expect it........I would demo it and haul it to an appropriate landfill or not do it at all. I want to create a feeling of integrity and doing things professionally and proper even if I miss out on some perceived opportunities.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would charge 500 bucks it wont come back on you no one else will know about it. take you about a day if its not a buddy id say a grand

4. Fieldman12

I can tell ya he wont haul it off and its out in a 20 acre woods. Thats about the price I was thinking. Do they come apart very easy. I know the aluminum should be no problem but what about the braces.

5. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, for all the reasons RS&G stated. I would let someone mess with this one.

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

should be easy even fun, it will come apart very easy as they use no nails and very few screws mainly staples, i would keep the frame might be a good sourcs of scrap metal or spare trailer with some work

7. Fieldman12

Well, just talked to him again. Turns out it's a mess his uncle let and they want rid of it as cheap as possible. I told him I have not seen the job and cannot give an exact quote. I told him from what he says it would be probably a minimum of $1,000.00 but most likely more. He claims they wanted it all pushed in a basement and what dirt is there to try to bury it the best you can. I told him there is a bunch of dirt that comes out of a basement. I said I have no idea how big this one is (he never gave a size but I said your talking probably a couple days on a skid minumum all day filling that in. Im gonna go look at it here sometime this week when he has time since its close to me but Im betting the more i here the bigger it sound. Sounds more like a $3000.00 dollar job or better to me And depending how big the basement is and how much dirt is there he may be better off with a track loader.

8. Fatboy

Fatboy LawnSite Member

PASS!!!
    I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole...