loadhandler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wildwood, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Wildwood

Wildwood LawnSite Member

Has anyone tries the "loadhandler" product? Its the one that uses a "drag sheet" which is layed down in the truck bed before loading, and then you crank the cargo off the back of the truck. Looks like it works on TV, but I can see where it might have serious limitations if one was to try unloading sand or other weighty material. Has anyone used the concept to make an even better on at home?

2. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

It works for me! Great for grass clippings, soil, etc. sometimes you'll have to take a little out by hand if it gets stuck behind the wheel wells or if the load is too heavy, but it's definately worth it!

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have the load handler 3000 lb commercial model,It works great,saves a lot fo time,I use it for mulch mostly,but have used it for everything.as long as you pull the material out from ionm front of the wheel wells,the material will slide right out.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

They are definitely worth getting. I bought one a last April and wish I had it years ago. It sometimes slips out when removing leaves, so I just put a pallet on it by the cab.

5. Wildwood

Wildwood LawnSite Member

Is the pickup bed slippery enough, or is it advisable to use another type surface under the drag sheet?

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had mine for 3 years now and use it not only with my lawn service but mostly with my Firewood service . We sell about 40 to 45 cords a year and use the Loadhandlerfor every load we deliver. The Loadhandler is well worth the money, and it will save you alot of unloading time. Hope this helps .

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two of them. Best thing I ever bought!! :) I try not to bag grass, but sometimes people demand it. After you shovel out your truck a few times, then you get the loadhandler, you will never go back!!. I have had big loads in it and it pulls it out no problem.

8. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I have one for my personal vehicle. We put two yards of mulch on it and had to unload half of it first to get it to turn. I do like the product even though I have not found it to be as useful as the TV man says.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

They recommend that you don't use it on an insert or if you have the spray on bedliner. I had one that I used in a Chev S-10 with just the thick rubber mat on the bed floor and it worked great.

10. SummitFarmer

SummitFarmer LawnSite Member

Mine works great if you don't get the load caught behind the wheel wells.