1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Loading 36 in w/b onto truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adam5557, Apr 14, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

hey guys i noticed when i am unloading my 36in exmark off the truck the deck sorta bottoms and hits the truck a little.will this hurt it any tips thanks...adam
  2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Shouldn't hurt anything but the truck... make sure the blades arent turning.
  3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what size bed of truck... j/w, because i have a 8ft bed truck but am wondering if an 36'' would fit onto an s-10 (6ft. bed)...

for any1 w/knowledge of the 48'' width, could a 48'' w/b fit onto an bed of a truck or is too wide?
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I've put a 48" in my full size truck bed many times. Fits perfect and I even have a bed liner.
  5. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

i put a exmark 36 viking in the bed of my truck .< 8 foot bed >
    i didn't have much room for any thing else.

get a trailer !
    even a home depot trailer, it's better then putting a mower in the bed of your truck.
    it's quicker and not as dangerous !
  6. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 12x6 trailer but figured while some1 already started a thread on this topic i thought i'de add a few questions of my own.
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Loading a 36" onto a truck? Are you kidding? It is okay to do mom & pop lawn and go home something like that, but to do for a living?
    Trailer is the only way or an NPR kind a thing. My friend snapped a wooden ramp while loading his 48" Snapper onto an F 150, that Snapper never give a good cut again, so many things bent and crooked, especially those forks.
    Is it worth? I donno.
  8. adam5557

adam5557 LawnSite Member

yea i am only 16 years old and am just getting into the lawncare business so thats all i am using this year.thanks.didnt want to hurt my new mower
  9. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

How long are your ramps??? If there not long enough the deck might hit more than usually due to the angle you enter the truck bed.
  10. davechick12

davechick12 LawnSite Member

Just push down on the handles and make the fron come off the ground this way you wont scrape the truck. This method works for me.