Loading a 20 footer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BufalinoLand, Feb 13, 2006.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

Im getting a 20 footer to haul a 61ztr, 48wb, and 52wb

should the Zero go over the tires because of weight

2. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Not that I know anything, but you can haul all of those machines EASILY with a 16 footer.

3. BufalinoLand

Godzilla

I realize that, I need a 16 right now, so always get something to grow into, the 20 is only a 14 more, and I know Ill fill it. But thanks for your concern

4. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

no cant fit all those mowers on a 16 footer. i have all wbs and i have to turn sideways to load all of them on a 16 footer. i always put the heaviest mower over the axels but if i dont have to get on the highway all day i put it last . it really depends on what mower you will be using the most.

5. BufalinoLand

Good thing I went with the 20 footer, I cant wait to get it

6. BufalinoLand

Good thing I went with the 20 footer, I cant wait to get it

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

we have the 20' (well 20 inside so i think 22 or 4 outside). Anyhow, we transport a 61Z, and 2 48WBs. WE found it was MUCH better to load the WBs up front and keep the Z in the rear (just about over the tires). The trailer handles a lot better. With the Z in the front it put a lot of weight on the tongue and was pitched. With the Z in the back it rides level and isn't as bouncy.

just my two cents