Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Aug 5, 2005.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I am having loading my 34z sideways on my trailer, the total length of the mower is 71.5"(almost 6 ft) and my trailer is 6.5' wide and so is my new one. Should I be going in at a certain angle to accomplish this?? Or bringing it in backwards?? Its just that I have a new trailer coming and two new mowers, and putting the 34 sideways would really help out but it isnt necessary.

Thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't done it but i have seen people do it. They back the mower up the trailer ramp then turn it sideways.

3. splatz100

I understand the concept but I guess you could compare it to parallel parking???

4. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

might cost a little bit, but have you ever thought of adding a side gate?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

if you practice with it and it ends up being a pita, then it isn't worth it. Like you saud it isn't nessecary. Is it worth driving that new equipment into the sides of your trailer trying to do something that isn't necessary. If you find that you really want to do it then I would suggest asking your dealer, he/she, has probably seen countless landscapers going through there doing the same thing. Good Luck.

6. splatz100

Yes I have thought of putting a side gate, but my problem is I dont know how tall I should go. It would be for the 34, and I dont want to high of a slope. I thought of making a bi-fold type so its gradual, also when dropping it you would have to go into traffic or put it down on the curb. It would be a nice asset and I probably could get it done cheap

7. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

Thats what I did. a 4' side gate for my 34z, and when I drop it on the curb the slope is very minimal.

8. splatz100

do you happen to have any pics??

9. splatz100

What is the common height of a side gate??

10. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

the side gate is the same height as the regular and i am not to sure what that is right now. I do not have any pics but i can take some and send them to you if it will help. :waving:btw the side gate is too steep when unloading onto the street, but i just go slow and let it rub the bottom of the deck when going over the hump, and it doesnt seem to be doing any damage to the gate or the deck, but i just pull up to the curb most of the time as my side gate is on the passenger side.