1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tthomass, Jun 8, 2006.

how do you load/collect?

1. suck it up with a vac

4 vote(s)
  2. blow/rake into bag and dump in truck

2 vote(s)
  3. use a mower and mulch it, then load

2 vote(s)
  4. other? post it

1 vote(s)
  1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

When loading leaves............are they from bags and dumped in or do you use a vac?

I've worked for a couple of the big companies in my area........the larger, no vacs......bag and dump in the truck. With the price of vac's, I think I may just do the same since it is not something I think I can fit into my budget at least this year with wanting to buy mowers etc for next year.
  2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Over the winter i got a good deal on a truck loader so this fall we wont be tarping them into the truck... :cool2:
  3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

right now looks like it'll be comin out of the toro and into the truck. getting a truck loader soon i hope.
  4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

bought a decent loader from northerntool.com , it was one of the best equipment purchases that i have made,turns the hassle of leave collection into what almost seems to be a pleasure,and the time you save ads up to more work getting done and more profit,well worth the $1,800.00 i spent.
  5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

mulching blades... blow em all twoards the center of the prop then one pass with an accelerator. Dump accelerator into 55 gal drum liners toss onto trailer or some properties I can leave the bags for the city. Magnolia leaves in the spring suck!
  6. ocelot27

ocelot27 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Use the SCAG bagger - awesome.