loan ideas

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I need a loan for $10,000 for lawn equip for the rest to start up the company. My question is i have a beacon score of 519, what company would help me get the rest of the stuff i need. I have the truck, trailer in june from a guy from here, trimmer, misc hand tools, edger, 22" sears mower (momther and lawn gave it to me to use) i still need a: large mower, gas cans, power washer, sprayers, hedge trimmers, blower, and a brush cutter atchment for the trrimmer.

thanks for any help on this subject
  2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

what do you need the sprayers for?

if your not getting the trailer until june, how are you going to get your stuff back and forth in April and May?

519 is a pretty low score, but you still might get a dealer to finance the mower for you.

although they are nice to have, you could operate your business without the power washer, sprayers, brush cutter attachment, and hedge trimmers.
  3. Frontier-Lawn

im not starting up until august, sept takes a while to get the licence from the state also
  4. Frontier-Lawn

I did a acounting and i have $2,000 cash left. So i have a 22" craftmans push & edger. A Ryobi trimer eith the expandit feature. and the trailer. what big (used)mower can i get for less then $2,000?
  5. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

finding what you want for 2k will be a challenge. for right around that price, you can get a brand new exmark metro, gear drive, 32" fixed deck. not very big though.

this won't be popular, but i would rather have a used hydro model than a new gear driven model. also i would rather have a used floating deck rather than a new fixed deck.

if you want a 60" mower, (you said big) you are going to have to get a very used walk behind, or a nearly dead ztr.

any major manufacturer makes a good w/b. it's really a matter of preference. the key is finding one that has been well taken care of. you can tell this by: service records, do they have a maintenance program? do they have a shop? what's the shop look like, neat and organized, or a filth pit? this are just hints, they don't necessarily mean anything.
  6. Frontier-Lawn

i mean like a 42" rider or so
  7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet is running 0 interest and 0 payments for a year. I just got a 48" CC last Friday. Will be a good residential mower for me and next year I am going to get a 52" or 60" Exmark or Bad Boy. You can make the principle payments on the CC and get that number knocked down before the first payments next year.