loans?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by git-r-done, Mar 20, 2007.

1. git-r-done

git-r-done LawnSite Member

how many of you guys took out loans to get your bizz started?

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

If you start out small and upgrade equipment as your business grows there's really no reason to have to take out a business loan.

The people that start out with a couple of new ZTR's, or a couple of new WB's with New trucks, New trailers etc with little to no clientelle are the ones taking out the business loans and their always the first to throw in the towel when they can't turn a profit.

Your first year is always going to be the hardest and if you start it out with a handfull of loans it's going to be that much harder.

3. git-r-done

im not taking out any loans, i just wanted to know who out there has

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

gotcha, I must have misinterpreted the post.

5. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

i've never understood why someone would purchase all the big equipment without having the customers.

6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Yeah, I don't get it either I think they've seen "Field of Dreams" one too many times and believe that "If you build it, they will come".

7. toac

that same quote went through my head as i was reading this thread

8. git-r-done

Im just a small guy trying to expand looking to make my dreams come true .

9. toac

it's like poetry...:laugh:

i think that's how we all feel (or at least most of us). stick with it, do quality work, and charge accordingly and you'll be fine.

10. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Loans........the heck with that.....my company defines starting at the bottom of the barrel but my service will be top quality. I can't believe what I found on Craigslist today. Some guy is GIVING AWAY A 2 YR OLD RIDING MOWER I could care less if this thing is a homeowner mower or not.I don't have the clientel to worry about it. Besideds if it breaks it was free and I'm gonna use it as opposed to my 36" walk behind any freakin day of the week. That's how you start out at the bottom of the barrel without any loans. Huntin down the deals.