local chain will stop at nothing...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a customer that has like 40% zoizia grass, and the rest a mix of our cool season blend. well, naturally, every year, hers is the last to turn totally green in spring, and the first to be partially brown in the fall. well, i went there to mow today, and mentioned to her that i hadn't recieved her fert contract. she said she is not sure what she's going to do, that a popular chain service (i wont mention name) knocked on her door, and told her that HER LAWN LOOKS BAD, cus her current fert company doesn't know what they are doing! that her lawn should be green by now, and it's my fault it isn't. then, offered her a package. i told her, whatever, we been thru this, do as you wish. she says she will send back contract and check, i couldn't care less either way. will they stop at nothing?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a dog eat dog world my friend........and your wearing milk bone underwear.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

that's my saying. get your own. oh, and get it....at the back of the bus

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

"Norm....what's shakin?"

"All four cheeks and a couple of chins".....lol

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

hahahahahaha ,I forgot about that one. :waving: I used to live that show. One of the best sitcoms ever.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

BooBy

I have got to say you messed up. First an Educated Customer is the best kind of Customer. You should have educated her to the qualities of Zoysia which is not a cool season turf. Even if she didn't spend the money to have you redo the lawn she would at least Know these other guys couldn't fix the problem either without a new lawn.

You appear to be riding in the back of the Short Bus.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I had a partial Zoysia lawn like that and it really looks terrible when the Zoysia is dormant. As far as educating customers goes, good luck. They only hear half of what you say and usually don't retain that much. Students have to want to be educated. Anyone can be SOLD.

8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Bobby said that they had already been through this. Sounds like the salesman talked her out of her education.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Tharrell

You must not be able to keep there attention. If you gain their respect they will not look else where. They might not remember the details but they can be educated to the point of realizing they are being scammed by an other company. However I will agree these big companies promise the stars and moon, but can't deliver daylight.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

"HER LAWN LOOKS BAD, cus her current fert company doesn't know what they are doing! that her lawn should be green by now"

If they really said this to your client and you lose that account, you have a slamdunk slander case in which you can recover all your lost income.