Local company got ripped off...BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass-scapes, Nov 10, 2006.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Boy, that's tough. I hope they get their stuff back.
    Maybe some local lco's will pitch in and help them.
    That's a tough area that was mentioned also. A HUGE public housing area is connected thereabouts.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

INSURANCE???? Why do I get the feeling from the video and article that they had NO insurance on anything? I mean YES, that's awful to have happen, but in a few days time you can start getting equipment rounded back together, at least enough to operate until the insurance check comes in... "no choice but to file for bankruptsy" I'm trying to figure out how you get $200,000 in one truck and one enclosed trailer. Just a quick add in my head and I can see $100,000 TOPS. That's pretty generous even figuring $50K for the truck, and another $50K in trailer and equipment.

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't they have insurance? Sure it sucks to be them, but if they didn't have insurance in a way its their own fault...

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree on the insurance. I would never consider operating without some kind of inland marine (theft) insurance.

6. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

20,000 maybe?! Thieves SUCK! To think we used to hang horse theives....now someone can jack your car, and your business and, if caught, will get a slap on the wrist and a few months in jail.

Hang'em HIGH! YEEEE hAAAW!

Hell atleast cut a few fingers off.... or maybe both thumbs! With a big THIEF tattoo on the forehead!

7. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Man that really sux.

I cant believe they wouldn't have the stuff insured that they are completely dependent on to feed the family and employees... its plain stoopid to say the least.

8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe they have insurance. Thats why they said $200,000.00 in equipment and said that without the equipment they would go out of business. So when the insurance investigates they may hurry up the claim a little because of felling bad for them. Also their coverage is probably for $200,000.00 in equipment and they are hoping to get all $200,000.00 if not. No insurance when you park your equipment on an unoccupied premises. What where they thinking???

9. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

yea thats possible but the great thing is how 99% of this forum would cry if someone didnt report cash or collect taxes... but they would all overprice everything for insurance and commit insurance fraud cause its not a crime or anything

the original poster said 200k in stuff not the news.... news said 2k but it looks like the truck and trailer alone are worth more than 25x that price the news gave

10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

yea thats possible but the great thing is how 99% of this forum would cry if someone didnt report cash or collect taxes... but they would all overprice everything for insurance and commit insurance fraud cause its not a crime or anything

the original poster said 200k in stuff not the news.... news said 2k but it looks like the truck and trailer alone are worth more than 25x that price the news gave