local competition prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cableguy2, Sep 16, 2009.

1. cableguy2

cableguy2 LawnSite Member

"I'll UnderCUT The Competition!

I'll mow and weedeat your lawn for under $20. (.25 acre or less).

Dont let the stress of an uncut yard get to you. Just because your husband is deployed doesnt mean you cant have a pretty yard too. Let me relieve your stress and take care of that unkempt yard for you. Please give me a call at (910)
    Price: $15"

here is there other ad

Red White & Blue Lawn Care!!!

Hey there America! Do o you need your lawn taken care of? Is your significant other deployed and you just dont have the time for your yard? Don't get ripped off by the other half-ass lawn services on this web site. I will do it all, mow, weed eat, edge, and hedge. I can accomodate most yards under half an acre for only $15. Please give me a call at (910), and lets pimp your yard.
    Price: $15-35

Found one more of theres. don't know how they make money.

"College Kid Does Mows CHEAPEST

Yea thats right, I'll do it for 9 dollars, and 50 cents. call me at (910)
    Price: $9.50"

That is alot of what is here where I am at, an I am sure everywhere else also. It is posted on a local site for people to buy an sell. just thought it was interesting

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

lowballers!!! and please everyone save the hippie sympathy comments as it reflects poorly on this industry and makes us all look like jokes to most people

3. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I see it the same way as you elco, thats way people think of the industry as uneducated idoits who cut grass and are alittle above the monkeys in the zoo. Save your comments about they can charge what they want because if you cant see anything wrong with cutting for 9.50 then your probably the same guy who lowballs in your area for beer money.

4. E.L.Co

E.L.Co LawnSite Member
    from Texas

well heck yea! well said these people contribute to the generalization that lawn "companies" are laughable as they couldnt make it anywhere else in life and push mowers.. and alot of people dont care who does it as long as price is low. That makes our competition everyone from 12 year olds to brickman...its a frickin rat race. BE PROFFESIONAL CHARGE PROFFESIONAL OUR ADMIT THAT YOUR JUST A PITIFUL "LAWN BOY"...workin for beer so you can try and forget how pathetic you our. (im a radical opinionated young man, and yes high school debates were fun :laugh:)

5. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Charging 9.50 or even 15., they wont be around too long. However I take offense to the "other lawn care companies" statement about getting ripped off if your paying more than $15. I dont think any of my clients feel ripped off? Not that many people hire the local 12yr. old anymore, they know kids are not reliable and they do not have the proper equipment to do a professional job. The ones that do hire them are only concerned with price and not getting fined by the city. Plus there isnt that many 12yr olds that would even cut grass anymore. kids nowadays expect mommy and daddy to give them everything for free!

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

"Let's pimp your yard"??? Yeah,...you can tell THIS comes from a twenty something year old with a seventeen year old mentality!

7. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, the guy is goofy but he actually knew the correct usage of the word "unkempt." Most people think it is "unkept." But he has it right.

8. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that I dont cuss like a sailor, But id never put ASS in any advertisment. HAHA what do some people think. And yes it make this industry look bad. I had a crew come into my shop last week called Under Cutters lawn care. I about kicked them out of my door. This guy had 2 push mowers straped in the truck of his Mustang. My shop guys got a good kick out of him.

9. cableguy2

cableguy2 LawnSite Member

This stuff is everywhere here. I live in a large military town. I do not think my customers think that I overprice either. There are area here that you can actually see a guy riding a mower down the STREET with a weedeater an a 12 pack of beer strapped to the back of the mower.

10. xjjeepman1

xjjeepman1 LawnSite Member

Wow thats crazy-they must finish the lawns pretty fast with their 42inch MTD! haha