Local dealer has mowers stolen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Oct 17, 2006.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Scags a top machine not sure what they do with em,ebay perhaps who know's they are not going to work em i know the feeling thieves stole one pair of headphones out of the truck last week.

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That's not too far from me. My local dealer has been broken into several times over the last 10 years but, he says they always steal used mowers because they're easier to get rid of.

4. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Article says owner's had 10 thefts in the past 30 years... Wonder if he's implemented security measures over the years like fencing, cameras, alarms, etc???

5. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

A friend of mine had his entire trailer stolen from a storage facility about 3 years ago...Last year he got a call from the police in some small town in Texas saying they found his zero turn at the house of a mexican they'd arrested...nothing else though. It was one of those places with a combination lock at the main gate. Also at the same time a travel trailer was stolen. Who knows if they ever got that back...I bought the largest trailer that would fit in my garage when I started this because I'd read of all the thefts on this site...Sad, really. Not only do they steal your livelyhood, they proceed to take your business with it. :mad:

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

That dealership is right beside the bypass around the city and on the other side the land isnt very developed, there is a Wendys rest. beside it then there isnt anything else for a 1/4 mile or so. He isnt open on Saturday either, kinda quiet there

wayne

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah youd think this would be in place before any thefts happened...being proactive

these mowers will be on ebay for sale in kansas or somethign in a month

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

That place is less than 30 minutes from me. It says in the article that some type of trailer was used to transport the equipment away from the scene.

LOL....YA THINK? I can see the theif getting away on a mower with the Po Po in hot pursuit.

9. sgthigg

sgthigg LawnSite Member
    from S MS

Wow

I have zero tolerance for scum sh!t bags like that. To me, maybe its just me, but I look at it like as if they walked up to you, our your kids while there eating and snatched the food out of theyre mouth. An then at the same time they steal there shoes and clothes...See what I mean? When someone steals your way of means to provided for your family..They deserve to be shot cold in theyre tracks.

10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I will second that!!