1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Local fairs as a method for advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by AdvLandscapeLLC, Oct 4, 2013.

1. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Setup at the local fair in our town this year for a few reasons:
    1. 18,000 people come through the gate (which means a good majority of that will see your logo and booth at some point or in one way or another)
    2. Allows you to showcase your work
    3. Get to meet possible customers and interact with your current customers who attend the fair.
    4. Sell your product and brand

The fair went great drummed up around $25,000 in estimates so far we will see what actually ends up being completed and followed through with. But for a $375 charge to setup seems like money well spent to me.

Here are some pictures of our booth\area, please ignore the vertical seem of the firepit, it was non existent until 250+ pounder thought it would be a good spot for him to sit down on and rest his ham hocks.

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Brilliant idea and a very impressive setup. True professionalism.
    I can honestly say that if I came to that fair and saw your display, you would be getting some work from me.
  3. AdvLandscapeLLC

Thanks bro
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Hahaha ham hocks, that made me laugh.

Great booth and definantly money well spent. $375 is pennies for that kind of advertising especially if you already bid out $25k.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. AdvLandscapeLLC

It's truly great money spent
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Nice setup, I've been looking to do similar stuff. It's not even about the instant kickback of business, it's the long term relationship building.
  7. AdvLandscapeLLC

Exactly, being based out of a small town people like to use contractors whom they have met or had contact with a lot of the day was interacting people and answering questions about my lawn is burning out in this area any idea why, what is another option for this project I have that I can't seem to figure out etc.. It went very well, long long weekend but worth every bit of it
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I did the same thing this year for the first time! Absolutely the best advertising money spent. Ours was a one day street fair. Out of it I got so far 3 lawns, 4 driveways& 1 lot, to plow, and maybe a seasonal commercial contract totaling $18,000(i just submitted estimate on friday). Not to mention all the people that saw our name and took cards. Definitely doing it again next year!!!
  9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

seeing your logo all over is the best. I always ask people who call where they got our info etc. I love hearing "we see your trucks all over" "you're working all over the neighborhood" etc

I have ONE TRUCK and do one job at a time, but sticking lawn signs and having the truck logo-ed up makes a big impression on most people. If you can get in front of them face to face at a fair like this or some other way its a sealed deal, they will use you.