Local John Deer Dealer customer service, WOW!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard coffman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

here this last spring, I was doing a dethatching job for a client and was using my john deer 14sb push mower for the cleanup due to gate clearance. i happen to suck up a rock and went straight through the side of my mower deck.
    well, today i happen to get around and take it to the local wealding shop and was told that sice it's cast alluminum, the repair wouldn't last long and just come apart again. this wasn't what i wanted to hear but figured i'd rather hear the real truth than a simple lie. I go to my john deer dealership (Green line equipment here in salt lake city) and chat with the parts guy about my problem. in the process, the service manager overhears the conversation and say's he's not for sure, but he might have one in the back. guess he call up the parts counter 5 minutes later and askes for me to come to the back areao f the yard, so i did. when i get there, he say's he doesn't have the 14sb model but got the commercial model version of my mower with the steel rims still intact. looked and saw a small crack along the side of the deck, but figured the welding shop could fix that for sure without any problems. asked him how much for it, he say'd i could just have it. WOW!!, that was really nice of the company. Guess me buying a lot of commercial equipment from them has paid off some how. they also had a used john deer snow blower back there with the engine needing rebuilding. i can't remember the model # off the top of my head but it couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old. i bought it for $5.00!! this was shurly my lucky day.... I also took my john deer hedge trimmer in to have the mechanic see what it needed, and they cleaned it for me and gave me the part # it needed for the carburator rebuild without me even asking. the service manager took really great care of me and couldn't be more pleased with their customer service. Just thought i would pass along my good exsperience. I'm sure I'll be buying even more equipmet from them in the future.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner
    Salt Lake City, Utah :D :D :D

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

My JD X595 blew/cracked a seal on the water pump and deck switch wouldnt engage last Thursday afternoon. I took it in it to JD dealer, he dropped everything and checked it out.

Had to leave it with him. Next day get a call, decks engaging (was a relay) now but need a new water pump. Dont have any in stock and none in Australia. Have to get it flown in from the US!
    Its under warrenty by the way! shhhhhh
    Get a call Tuesday afternoon. Can you come and get it cause were short on space!
    I take him a carton of beer for looking after me and ask for an air filter.
    Here you go mate! No charge! :rolleyes:

Now that dealer is golden!
    Just wish he sold other brands of stuff!

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I wished the JD dealers in my area would even smile when you walk in! And they are they are the best in my area of all dealers :angry: If we ever get someone here with a decent attitude I dont care if he sells Yugo mowers will do biz with them.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to here of your situation was taken care of. Things like that can really make your day.

5. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

I used to run all john deere. had a problem with my 910 front mower take it in they say they will get on it next day. go in 2 days later, go back to shop talk to mechanic he says need a new short block. I look at it it hasn't been torn down. ask him how he knows this he tells me he looked in the spark plug hole. I went balistic, told him what I thought of him, then went to the sevice manager and told them what I thought of their service department. loaded mower up and took to the local cub dealer they fixed it for $175.00. I don't remember exactly but a short block was thousand (s)

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

We have pretty much always had good service from our dealer(s). I just wish they would be a little more loose when it comes to dealing, but I guess they got to eat to!

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

It's about the same here. Lots of attitude and little service. There are a few locations to choose from but essentailly they are all owned by two companies and neither one has what I would consider to be great service.

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats really a shame, my dealer sells/services the brands i own, i walk in the door, they remember my name and treat me like a king, my echo blower muffler for some reason just sorta self destructed, i walked in with it, it went straight to the bench, i went up front looking at equipment, wasn't really expecting it to be ready that day, when i was getting ready to go out the door, dan my main man there stopped me to let me know my blower was being tested out back and if i waited 5 minutes it would be all set.
    they are tops. four seasons yard and sport. :cool2:
    i would contact deere and let them know the behavior of their dealer, they can pull the plug on em if they don't represent deere in a good manor

9. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

Yea really..here too they want to charge you and arm and a leg for something...and they are not very nice about it either. I go through another dealer here when I had JD equipment but have since gotten rid of it pretty much b/c of the dealer support..or lack thereof.

10. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused LawnSite Member

I've had both good and bad experiences with my John Deere dealer. They have great service, and becuase I'm inexperienced with lawn mowers they always take the time to show me something new, and are very kind in the service Department. However, the sales representitive, is an "older" man, and I'm 17. He has no time for someone like me. I was in there talking to him about a mower in the fall that was on sale. I wanted to know a little about it. When an old friend of his came in, he made a point of getting up from behind his desk to catch the guy. If I was not only 17, it never would have been a problem. People like him sicken me! I hate dealing with people with that!