Local Lawn Care Work & Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by locallawncare.ca, May 27, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I'll take some more pictures on Wednesday when I mow again, the racks are bolted to the side rail of the truck bed and also the side of bed shell, if that makes sense. I had to reach from underneight to put large washers and nuts on, I'll try to get some up close pics of the setup, also used some poly spacers to get them level, it was very difficult to say the least, because the inside of the truck bed is not flat everywhere. Thanks for the comments

2. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

3. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

A few pics from a pruning job, I also mulched this property earlier this year. I also pulled out a pair of Diablo Ninebarks and transplanted a Barberry, which have bright yellow roots kinda neat. More picture to come, lousy weather = lousy photos.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

4. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

A couple pics of the truck, all set to go mowing for the day. Then a couple lawns I mow.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

5. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

A pruning and mulch job I did, I pruned the Jap Maple per the customer request, I kinda like it, almost like a giant egg, the boxwood had some serious winter damage but is coming in. A couple more mowing pictures from today.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

6. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Packed it in early today so I took a couple pics of the garage, nothing fancy, plus my new hedge trimmer hs81t, it's very nicely balanced, has almost no vibration, exhaust seems to disperse nicely away from the operator. The hs45 was good but for extended periods of trimming it wasn't the greatest because of the fumes and vibration and smaller gas tank. I will still use it for rougher trimming. Magna-matic and homemade sharpening jig. A list of my equipment.

Toro 22156 x 2
    Turf Tracer HP 48"
    Stihl Yardboss + dethacther attachment
    Stihl Br600
    Stihl Bg55
    Stihl Hs45
    Stihl Hs81t
    Stihl fs85r
    Stihl fs90r + articulating hedge trimmer + chainsaw attachment
    Ryan IV Aerator
    Billy Goat leaf loader
    Ariens 24" 2 Stage blower
    Toro Powerclear 2 stroke
    Various other hand tools, etc.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

7. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Everything looks really good man

8. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it, I'm solo so I don'y have a ton of stuff, but enough to do any kind of lawn & garden care. Here is a pic from a pruning job from yesterday, used the new hs81t.

IMG_0376.jpg

9. GVL LLC

GVL LLC LawnSite Member

How is the 81T in terms of weight? I have an echo hedge trimmer and its reliable but its so heavy when using for extended periods of time and I prefer stihl or husqvarna anyways as thats the only piece of echo equipment I own.

10. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

The weight is about the same as my hs45, I think about 9lbs, but its very well balanced, you can find the exact weight on the stihl website, its a very nice unit. The larger gas tank is also a huge positive.