1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Local Lawn Care Work & Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by locallawncare.ca, May 27, 2013.

1. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think the 30" is your best bet then, I used to run a 32" ferris when I worked for another company, it's a good mower, but not great, there are a bunch of posts about them on LS. I think around here its the cheapest/best WB for the money, I see them used on Kijiji for like 1500-2500.

2. LandscaperEst.96

LandscaperEst.96 LawnSite Member

Yeah I know, the 30 is fine for now. I was just thinking about my next mower when I can really justify buying one.

3. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Figured out how to add a watermark to my images, Irfanview is a great program for re-sizing images, it does the watermark too. I just added a semi transparent logo in the corner, seems to work.

123.jpg

4. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Removed a few shrubs today, 1 large Juniper, 1 smaller one, 1 dwarf alberta spruce. Also pulled out 2 mugo pines in the backyard and pruned a bunch of shrubs front/rear and weeded and re-edged gardens. Also pulled 3 very large dwarf korean lilacs at another property but forgot to take pictures.

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

5. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Nice work!!

6. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Thanks Kleen Kutx, I've check out your thread many a time, lol, all the best.

7. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Haven't posted much recently, just been busy with the usual. Here are a couple pictures of a 4 cubic yard hole I filled and seeded, a Mulberry tree I cut down (forgot to take before pictures but it was about 12ft tall), some pruning and weeding I did, and my new to me sod-cutter (man this little tool is great.) Got it used for $40.00.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

8. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How hard is that sod cutter to use?

9. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

It's actually very easy to use, once get get going you just kind of adapt a rocking/shoving motion overall its way easier than bending over or being on you hands and knees with an edger (what I used to do). The depth can also be adjusted using a few different bolt holes, not sure why the blade is the way it is, I rented on earlier this year and it had a solid blade, I will likely get a piece of metal bend and a solid blade installed but this unit works great the way it is, also provides a fairly consistent depth of cut which is important when patching small areas where additional soil isn't needed/wanted.

10. locallawncare.ca

from Ontario

Man it's been a while since I've posted anything, I haven't taken as many pictures as I planned this year. I bought a Canon T3i just for work pictures but often forget to bring it, oh well. Here a few I did have.

1. Small backyard I re-sodded, don't have an after picture, but this one is before laying the sod down, man that manual sod cutter is a workout.

2. & 3. A couple gardens I gutted, again no after pictures, I also filled in a pond for the same customer, about two half days in total.

4. & 5. Pruned a malbury tree, was kinda tall and awkward customer was happy but I don't think I would like to do it again, buts its a very good occasional customer of mine.

6. & 7. & 8. Sodded a bunch of areas in a backyard. Customer had gardens in these areas that were surrounded by rotting pressure treated railroad ties, I didn't take before pictures but there was lots of prep work (pulling ties, shrubs, roots, removal of soil, grading etc.)

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg