Local LCO needed for Lawn Renovation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Alto101, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

I would like to overseed my lawn this fall using a slit-seeder. I know that I can rent one, but I would be afraid that I would do more damage to my lawn since I have never used on before. I am trying to find LCO's in this area, but either they don't call me back or they have a minimum charge that far exceeds my budget. I already purchased the grass seed that I want to use.
    I have a 1/4 acre lot so even if you are not in my area, if you could provide an estimate for what you would charge I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Ryan

I live in the Louisville, KY metro area on the Indiana side of the river. Zip code is 47150.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

my min. with a lesco renovator is $250

Mac

3. Alto101

Alto101 LawnSite Member

Mac,

How many square feet would you do for that minimum? I was told by several local LCO's that their minimum was $500, but $250 sounds a lot more reasonable. Hopefully, there is someone in this area who would be willing to work for $250.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I would do up to 10,000 sq. ft. but that price does not include material. Since you already have the seed it should not take over an 1 to 1-1/2 hours to complete. If you can't find anyone let me know and I will do it on my way to the expo in Louisville

Mac

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member