Local Paper holding an interesting auction

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LynyrdSkynyrd, May 19, 2004.

1. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

One of our local News Paper companies started an auction to help needy causes and got some companies here to donate a bunch of good lawn and garden equipment for the cause. They have Stihl trimmers, Cub Cadet mowers and trimmers and a Snapper rear engine rider.

I placed a bid on the Cub Cadet Chipperr, Shredder, Blower,Vac. I decided to place a singal bid of $225.00. If I win it I will pick it up. If I get out bid. Well so be it. So far I have the top bid and if it holds I will be adding a Cub Cadet suck and blow to the equipment list. I have been thinking of buying a good Chipperr, Shredder,Vac combo and if I can get good one for $225.00 I will take it. :p

CNP Auction Home and Graden

2. BOSS MAN

BOSS MAN LawnSite Member

Kind of off your subject but how many times have you seen THE GREATEST SOUTHERN ROCK BAND OF ALL TIMES?? I've seen them about seventeen times in the last two or three years. I work so damn much it's sick. Their best concert was about oh three months ago when they came to Tulsa and performed at the EXPO. I've seen them outdoors and indoors, and I think this indoor concert was the best. I got tickets for the second row right in the middle and man it was F$$*ING INCREDIBLE!!!!! When they played my favorite song (SIMPLE MAN ), they showed alot of old pictures of them back in the 70's. Man it honestly brought a tear to my eyes. One of the videos they played during the song was when Ronnie and Leon Wilkeson were out fishing just the two of them out in the middle of no where talking about how to take life slow and don't rush yourself. Then it showed other members such as Allen Collins and Steve Gaines horsing around on the tour bus. Man they were at the height of their hay day. I wish I could have seen the original SKYNYRD!!! But I honestly think that Johnnie sounds just like Ronnie. I have everyone of their cd's and I listen to them all the time. My ole lady gets on to me because I listen to them so much. She gets sick and tired of them. Oh well sorry I rambled on but THEY ARE the best band of all time in my opinion. Just my two cents worth!!!

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Southern man better, keep your head.
    Dont forget what your, good book said!.................. hehe!

4. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I was lucky enough to see the original band back in the 70's just before the plane crash.

My 9 year old loves them to. Her favorites are Call Me The Breeze, Swamp Music, Ballad Of Curtis Lowe, and All I Can Do Is Write about it and Free Bird (Live).

I like them all.

In my opinion they will never be another drummer like Artimus Pyle, Nor a keyboard player like Billy Powel. If things had not went as Ronnie perdicted. They would still be putting on sold out shows.