1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

local tree guys battling it out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Feb 22, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Thought you guys might find this interesting. Locally, there have been 3 or 4 companies trying to outbeat one another lately saying their "tree guy" is best. TV & radio ads are running wild Each company brags about which organization they belong to. Seems like the newest gimmicks going around here. I've stayed out of the whole thing, and I think they are trying compete with us. Being a member of something means nothing to me, cuz I've been there, done that.

Honestly, I'd sure love to have some sort of contest with these guys...especially cuz I was in on the "ground floor" with ChemScape (the world's largest tree/shrub company), and have a hort degree. Fact: several years ago, Iowa State University sanctioned tests regarding FE on pin oaks. I won. Seems to me that these other outfits consider me as a threat.....this is my true oppinion. It's the only logical explanation I can think of???

I have no problems with any companies invovled.........but I'd sure like to compare my knowledge with theirs. Oh yah!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

No offense, but...Who Cares???!!!
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Tree guys do. Also members of lawnsite. (I hope). What's your motive???
  4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Careful patting yourself on the back there, you'll throw your shoulder out of socket.
  6. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

how's this for some fine tree trimming?

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sufferin succotash! :dizzy:
  8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I'm just missing part of the story. Why would tree care companies be putting out ads to battle each other when their underlying motive is to cut into the business of a lawn care service?
  9. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Hang a few rags and seaweed on that poor thing and it will look like a Katraina tree down on the beachfront. Holy Cow!
  10. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Go to ISA (International Society of Arborculture) to play with tree guys.