Local TV Station rates LCOs

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JimLewis, May 19, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

This is a cool story from Seattle's KOMO News.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/36877.htm

I love the 6th and 7th paragraph especially!

A number of independent companies came out on top in this satisfaction survey, while a big national firm, TruGreen Chemlawn came out near the bottom in overall satisfaction.

"TruGreen Chemlawn was one of the lowest rated firms,” Krughoff says, “it rated substantially lower than most of the independent firms that Checkbook evaluated."

2. dexpress

dexpress LawnSite Member

"One final tip. When comparing offers, see if they company will give you a written guarantee that they will refund your money for the year if you are not satisfied with what they did for you"

I don`t know about anybody else but there is no way I would do this. Too many problems

3. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Exactly! I can just a lot of people waiting until fall to decide that they didn't like your work after 6 months of mowing.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

LOL. Uh, I didnt like the job you have been doing since May, can I have a refund please? :dizzy:

5. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm. Interesting that Rent-a-Son rated 4th. Do ya think he's 50, or 15???

6. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

I think that should be good for business, unfortuently if Home depot or LOWES offered lawn care many would buy that service.

7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Only a journalist would come up with the suggestion that a homeowner demand a refund for the entire year if they don't like how their lawn looks.

I wonder if I can get a refund for an entire year's subscription fees from the newspaper or the cable t.v. station if I don't like how they covered the news in the past 12 months. Anyone care to put a wager down on that one?

I just wrote the author of the article a letter from my company e-mail box. It reads as follows:

Dear Mr. Weisbaum,

I read your short article on lawn care companies in the Puget Sound area. Interesting stuff and very good to see.

However, the notion of getting a refund for the entire year's work if the customer doesn't like how his/her lawn looks begs a question of a different sort: does the television station you work for offer advertisers a full refund on advertising if they don't see the expected increase in sales?

Sincerely,

Mark McCarty

8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very well said. That guy is a doof. He should have suggested other things, like to make sure your lawn company is insured, formalize an agreement, hold your end of the bargain and make sure they hold theirs.

9. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy Mark, that was"Beautiful".........do you think he'll send you a responce?.....I think not ,but that was an awsome letter...... :)

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

No, no response to date, and I'd be utterly floored if he did respond. Oy. Journalists.