local weather

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Casey, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

Recieved an offer for free local weather info, I have dsl and the temp is displayed on my computer and updated automatically. http://weatherbug.com

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

weather bug is USUALLY great. however lately mine has not been working, it can be a pain in the butt beacuse of the popups, also it takes a while for it to be updated sometimes. i DID like it.

3. millerjjr

millerjjr LawnSite Member

I use the info from weatherchannel.com. It shows the movement of clouds and showers and it a great help in seeing the weather forecast three or four days out. I will have check out weatherbug.

4. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I had weatherbug installed on my computer a couple years ago. I reinstalled it a few months ago, and again had problems with computer locking up and stuff. I later had called the tech support at Dell and said they have heard of numerous reports with others having this same problem.......no more weatherbug for me.

MATT

6. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have also had problems with Weatherbug.

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Be very careful with WBug. Many had trouble removing it once installed, and some say it is a form of Spyware. Just make weather.com with your zip your home page. IMO.

8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lot of problems with weatherbug. Mostly the program will not respond, causing the computer to lock up 3-4 times per day. I uninstalled weatherbug and now I don't have any problems. I would stay far away from it. Just my opinion.

9. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

I use it on three pcs and love it.:)

10. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

It sux that some of you have had problems with weatherbug. I have it on my Dell and haven't had any problem with it and don't get any pop ups. I also installed it at my full time job, on a server network type of system and everyone likes it no problems or pop ups at all.