Lock Alarms

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by warby, Aug 6, 2006.

1. warby

warby LawnSite Member

I have seen a product called Lock Alarm. It's a cable you wrap around your tools/equipment. Should someone try to cut, or tamper with it, the 120db alarm is triggered. I was wondering whether anyone can tell me if they're any good? Company has a website. www.lockalarm.com

Tom.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Are you affliated with the company, coincidentially they are located in Melbourne too.

3. warby

warby LawnSite Member

What makes you think that I'm affiliated with this company. Is it because I wrote their web address? Well let me tell you - "I'M NOT". From what I have read about this product, it looks good. I simply thought that there maybe somebody out there using this. I also wanted to make some of your users aware of such a product..... as there's always threads on theft, and how to minimize the problem.

One other thing. If you have the contact details of this Melbourne based company, could you please forward to me as this would make it a hell of a lot easier than shipping the product from the USA.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

http://www.tattletalealarm.com/ has something similar to that, called The Loop , but it is part of a larger system that can dial out over cell towers to alert the authorities. The Loop comes in 10' and 20' lengths. http://www.tattletalealarm.com/product/index.php?cat=3 . They also have something called "Rattler" which is a vibration/movement type alarm that you just leave sitting on something and when it is moved it sets off the alarm.

5. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

A good idea would be to have a lock that explodes color ink (with a strong odor) that is very hard to get off of human skin if you try to tamper with it. Similar to what they use in clothing stores.

The alarm is a good idea, though. How about a combination alarm and ink exploding lock?

Or how about a sensor on a timer near your shed/garage/trailer that is connected to a speaker quite a distance away that sounds like a barking German Shepard charging toward you?

Or just tie a German Shepard to wherever you lock your stuff up?

A "dummy" security camera (to save money) that is quite visible, but out of reach??

I can think of some more crazy ideas. But you guys probably don't want to hear them.