Lock auxiliary hydraulic rocker switch on Cat 304

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by millstream, May 17, 2011.

1. millstream

millstream LawnSite Member

Tonight I am going to be running a brush cutter on the front of my Cat 304C-cr excavator. Does anyone know how, or if I can lock the rocker switch on to power the mower so I don't have to keep my finger on the switch?

Thanks-Scott

2. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

Zip tie it or hard wire it to a on/off switch.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

They should have a continuous flow switch somewhere, there is also a switch near the travel beeper switch that locks out the swing boom, you might want to fiddle with that.

4. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

one reason why I didn't buy Cat or Deere.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You just have to ask for a switch for continuous flow, one of the 320's my brother owns has a switch for the mower pump and flow. Ask and it shall be done.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

If it is anything like my Cat MTL, you push a button on the left joystick while pushing the rocker switch on the right joystick. Also, it wont activate in park.

7. millstream

I never thought to hit any of the buttons on the left stick while holding the rocker on the right stick. I tried all combinations of the buttons on the right stick though. Blew the horn about 15 times, messin' with the buttons--- impressed the neighbors. :rolleyes: After mowing road banks for 4 hours, holding the rocker switch wasn't that big a deal. If I was mowing on a flat though, I would like to be able to keep it locked on.

I bought the 48" Bushmaster. So far I am very satisfied. I only run my Cat at 1/2 throttle and could use a bit more hydraulic flow at that speed, though.

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Run full throttle, there is no reason you shouldn't.

9. millstream

I almost never run any of my equipment much over 1/2 throttle. Just don't see a need to... other than more hydraulic flow. I always just figured it was better on fuel and better on the motor not going all out. I have 11 pieces of equipment and have never done a thing to any of the motors-pumps.

10. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

I never have either and I run them wide open.