lock box or cover?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lukemelo216, Nov 29, 2011.

1. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

So I have a HOA client that is having some issues with its residence breaking the door off the controller, accessing it and changing the settings on the controller. They are pulling the little side pins out on the door and then they just pop it off.

So I was talking with the rep for the HOA and he wants to put some sort of lock box or something over it that will enclose the controller that we can put a few padlocks on and keep it sealed. Anyone ever see anything like this?

The controller is about 1 ft off the ground and is on a wooden post (probably a 6x8 or soemthing like that.) Im seeing limited stuff on line, and the one I thought would work is 1000$ and I know that is out of budget.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I have seen people make wooden enclosers or you could have a local metal shop fab you somthing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

yeah im sure the fabricating something is going to have to be the option we take.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

An electrical junction box like this ought to work.
    Check with the local electrical supply company.
    I've also seen galvanized junction boxes used for this purpose.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Electrical supply houses can get what you need.

7. How about a Ridgid job site storage unit turned sideways? My out of the box thinking solution. Plus it would make a good pic for FAILBLOG.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a clock with access codes built-in. :)

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know local companies that are doing this for backflow preventers on commercial and HOA sites. They are sanding down and either painting or powder coating them gray to look like electric boxes, since the theves have been breaking or stealing backflow cages.

10. Tbone77

Tbone77 LawnSite Member