1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lock boxes for Cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have several buddies that run Cat construction, Ag, and motors in trucks that say they can get parts sent directly to a Cat lock box just up the road from where they live when they need parts. Any other brands out there doing this? My buddie was just looking at a new sprayer (Rogator) and the salesman made the comment that since Cat is doing the servicing for the Rogators that if he needs parts they will just send them to the Cat drop box in his area.
  2. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Cat has a drop box at a local excavator's shop, It really works out well. You can almost get anything the next day. I know for sure that it gives them more business. Even if you are a trucker who has A Cat motor it works out well.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

deere does also around me.
  4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Just used it yesterday to get some batterys that i needed.Just a 20 minute drive from where i live.

They have yet to not be able to get anything i needed by the next morning before 7am.If i need to have something rebuilt they will pick it up and rebuild and return if i'm not in a hurry.

It has been a good service for me.:usflag:
  5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Constructo..........see if they can send you the winning loto numbers.......i'll meet you at the lock box, i'll take a little you take a little and then maybe a plane ticket to where they don't know what a snow shovel is.......
  6. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

We call them Drop Box's but it's all the same.

The AG business really loves that service because most of those customers are 90 miles from our nearest store.

Our Holt Parts Express trucks drive 7200 miles per day delivering parts!
  7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You must have a robot driving that parts truck, workinb 27/7 he's gotta be doin 300 mph without stops...........LOL:)
  8. Construct'O

from Sw Iowa

Does Holt Cat have all of Texas and more for it's dealer area or there part of Texas that other Cat dealers has.

7200 miles is a big area,but you guys in Texas always do things up big :).

They do charge you a fee (very reasonable),but way cheaper then what you could drive to pickup yourself or having to wait for part delivered ,by other freight hauler that will charge much more.

O'yea there called Drop Box here also:drinkup::usflag:
  9. Construct'O

from Sw Iowa

Rock !!!!! I agree some place without snow,ice, and shovels:)

As far as the lottery it probably isn't going to happen,but if it does i'll let you know:cool2:.Okay !:usflag:
  10. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

Central Texas, from the Red River to the Rio Grande. We share with Mustang and Warren Cat.

#1 selling dealer in 2007 in the U.S.