1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lock It Up..It is that time of year again.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LynyrdSkynyrd, May 10, 2004.

1. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

It is that time of year again. So make an effort to secure your equipment if at all possible.

The scum bags have been working over two countys here lately and making an extra effort to go after LCO trucks and trailors.

One of the two countys have reported over $35,000.00 worth of equipment has been stolen within a three week period. The stolen property was mainly Push mowers, trimmers, blowers, Chain saws and walk behind mowers. The police spokesman for the county said it was the worst spree that they have ever had. And will most likely see more stolen lawn care equipment as the season goes along.

I know that if I catch someone stealing from my property. I will let an 870 Wingmaster do the talking.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Someone stole 2 trucks and trailers from one company while the guys were eating lunch at a mcdonalds here last year. Thats just crazy!
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Theft has been very high here this year also last week the police stopped by when we were working and told us to watch out because they were getting stuff already.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Aren't pawn shops wonderful? Little legalized fencing operations. Apparently something not having "just stolen" stamped on it absolves them of guilt. And such a nice country we have here where criminals aren't even punished for most "petty" crimes. No wonder so much of it goes on, there's no risk involved. Yet we manage to find time to argue about the pledge, prayer, flags, controversial comments by leaders, etc. How come people don't gather to protest the fact that we don't punish criminals anymore?

I plan on having everything of value under lock while not parked in my garage.

This means cable locks on mowers, locks on trimmer racks, lock on trailer hitch, locked truck cab, etc, etc.
  5. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

That time of the year? Yea right, here theives don't have an off season
  6. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

I knew this mechanic that painted all his tools bright orange. They were so ugly you didn't want to borrow them much less steal them.

Just wonder how many bright orange trimmers would show up at pawn shops?
  7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Heard the other day that no pawn shop would take anything with a SS# on it. (not that I believe everything I hear)
  8. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, bet they don't take anything with grinding marks on it either.