1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lock your equipment up

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by AzLawnMan, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! Any good low cost boxes that could hold gas cans blowers etc?
    Mike

2. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

I had our mechanic make our lock boxes and on a few trailers the crew will have the gas tanks inside the trailers and lock them up with the chains. But as of friday it seems I dont have to worry about outside thefts, but now I have to worry about a particular employee stealing from me. He will be fired first thing monday morning, hate to do it too, he's been with me for almost 3 years. Oh well.

3. Tankers

Tankers LawnSite Member

I run an incredibly small outfit but one thing I began doing is taking the blower and weed whacker with me when I'm around back and my truck is out of sight. Of course the tool box and truck doors get locked too. Anyhow, it's a little more walking but at considering what I paid for the equipment to begin with I really don't mind.

4. Tankers

Tankers LawnSite Member

And of course I began getting picky concerning jobs. I don't do business in bad areas of town. Granted theft can happen anywhere but why increase the chances? I stay out of the border line ghetto neighborhoods, I don't need the money that bad.

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have one yard that is semi commercial in the bad side of town. I have gotten hassled before by guys that just spent all their money on beer and need some "work"....we only hire family and friends LOL.
    mike

6. Prairie Lawn and Snow

Prairie Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

Sorry this is off this topic but I thought someone might get a kick out of it. My wife over hears me talking about getting a 3/4 in. drive breaker bar. So she tries to surprise me and brings home a giant 48inch crowbar. I'm like what hell is this? She says its that thing you wanted. She went to sears and tells "reggie" she needs a 3/4 in breaker bar. So the guy sells her a frickin 4 foot crowbar she could hardly carry. "Breaker Bar" = breaking into cars, houses, trailers, made sense to him!!!!!!

7. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

******* ******s...

8. Prairie Lawn and Snow

Prairie Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

hahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!