lockable transformers

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Pro-Scapes, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

For my next project I need a transformer that is lockable. Im renovating a system for an office building that belongs to the hospital and Im concerned about untrained people or vandals messing with it.

I dont see a way to lock the cast ones up. Kichler says thiers are lockable but how so ?

Any others with a padlock or other lock type provision ?

What are your thoughts about locking them up as long as I give thier landscapers a key (I trust her not to mess it up)

2. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Billy,
    I agree I think its a good idea to lock it up also in a commercial application like that and give 1 key to them and label and keep the other for yourself. I don't have a Kichler transformer handy or I would look for you. I assume it has 1 hole on the case and another on the door that align so a padlock can be used. Paul will tell us!

3. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

Nightscapings are ready to accept a lock.

4. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

That's it Mr. klkanders. The transformer cover and side have a hole that alows you to use a lock. I have yet to use it though.

5. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

The Vista/Justin transformers have a lockable latch as do F/X.

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

great thanks guys. I just feel safer with it locked at this location... its too public of a place. Had I originally done the job and prewire I would of used an inground trans stashed in one of the beds for security and astetics.

Im kinda stuck on this one tho.