Lockdown 21 mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Knight511, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

Short of a chain and lock (which I will do if I have to), is there a product made to secure (from theft) a 21 inch mower on an open trailer? I currently Jungle Boots to keep them in place, but would like to be able to lock down the nice new, expensive commercial mower so I can worry a little less about it while it is not in my sight.

Thanks!

2. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

If I leave my trailer, I run a cable through the handles of all my equipment and lock the ends to include the chain for one of my ramp pins, so the pin can't be removed, same as a chain tho.
    post pics of what you find.

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I found using a bike cable and lock works great.You wrap the cable around the bottom of engine and put the U-shaped lock over the side of the trailer and mower handle with the cable on it. You can also just use the cable and a padlock.Unless I am using a machine everything on my trailer stays locked up.A small size receiver lock works on the gate pins too.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I must be lucky. I forgot my blower at a customers place sitting by the street! When I realized I forgot it, it was the next day. Drove over and there it sat. All my accounts I can see my truck/trailer while working. That or I'm on private property where they'd have to literally walk 100+ft to get to it. My biggest concern is when I go inside a store or something where I can't see the rig.

5. Agape

was looking at trailer racks .com, but by the time I buy locking racks for every thing I'm on my way to an enclosed trailer in cost.

6. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

The mower is the last thing I have no locked up. I am a partime, so I actually use a car to tow my small trailer right now, so I luck out and can drop blowers and such in the hatch of the car. I only worry because there are several properties that have the privacy wooden fences... not a big deal... I will just stash the mower in the backyard with me when I go to trim and such.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on it already...

7. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are pulling your trailer with your car you must not have anything but a push mower.

8. Agape

yeah, crooks don't actually steal stuff that is worse than what they've already got.

9. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I must be honest its be hard to steal a 21 in. push mower off of a trailer (unless you dont have sides) do you leave your equipment outside overnight or something?

10. Agape

Yeah, and by the way;what is your exact address? lol :laugh::laugh: