locked in the back yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, May 10, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I recieved a phone call this morning for some info on aeration for a women and her neighbor,price etc. Her and her neighbor want it done as soon as possible,well its been raining for two days, just at the point where it's to wet to mow but perfect for aeration so i tell her i can be there within the hour( she wanted it done that morning cuz thats the only time she's available till saturday and i have to back my trailer threw her garage to get to her and her neighbors back yard, one lane street no parking etc) so i get there back my trailer in threw her garage doors out into the backyard, and she close's the doors and gets on the phone. I go to work get everything done and go to bill her and she is gone, no problem ill just leave a bill. utoh i cant get out the garage door is locked:hammerhead: , i talk to the neighbor who calls the women she rushes home and lets me out, apparently she forgot i was back there and left for work.

me and the neighbors husband got a good laugh out of that one.lol

2. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Heck Im getting a laugh out of it now! Always gets me when they swear they just have to be home when you do thework.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

That's almost as good as the "walkbehind stuck at the bottom of the stairs
    " story

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

this happened to me too once. my snapper had thrown its drive belt and i was putting it back on . owner didnt hear any noise and thought i was done and padlocked the gate with me in the back yard!. the fence was 8 feet high but i climbed it at age 45!. i wont do yards that the people have to be there to let you in back any more!

5. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I understand why she had to be there, the way her property is set up its a 30 foot drop( i mean a concrete wall in the back down the whole street) and they have no gates on the sides of the house's the only way in is threw the garage ( every house on this street has a door in the front of the garage and a door in the back of the garage just so the home owner can get in there backyard with a mower. maybe 3 house on the street you can acess the backyard, with a 21 my aerator wont even fit between the house's.

But how do you forget there is a truck trailer and a stranger in your backyard?

I can see maybe they lock the gate when you have a mower or a aerator in the back or your mulching, but when your truck and trailer is back there she must be real busy.

When she returned to let me out she said i was so cute and she is single, and lonely and once she saw me she just couldnt let me go, when you find a good man you have to put him under lock and key.lol We got a good laugh out of that one.