1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Locking Caster Wheels

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jduran, Jul 29, 2007.

1. jduran

jduran LawnSite Member

Locking Caster Wheels

How's it going. I'm new to the forum. I'm posting this here since you guys will now if this is even possible. I have a question in regards to caster wheels. I just bought a 33" Cub Cadet walk behind mower. I thought this mower would solve my issues with mowing my larger yard that has some steep hills. Trying to mow side to side on the hills is almost impossible with this mower since the caster wheels allow the mower to nose dive down the hill. I'm left with having to mow staight up and down the hill which is a real work out. Is there any after market caster wheels locking devices out there?

The mower cuts real well and saves a bunch of time but I'm exhausted after mowing the hills.

I did just pick up a used Lawn Boy commercial push mower since it is light and ideal for hills. I"m going to try that out but I'm concerned about the mulching abiltiy plus it will take me twice as long to mow.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If you had a machine with dual hydros you could steer it in a straight line across the hill.