locking equipment up at night or...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caleb_harlan, Feb 7, 2003.

1. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

hey guys

At night does everyone unload their trailers or do you chain everything down. If you chain everything down, What is a good lock that you trust cant be Broke or cut easily.

And do you really feel safe about this. Becouse I was wondering really if someone wanted to it would be easy to break into the garage maybe easier than having to break a high strength chain and lock.

What do you think.
  2. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of site out of mind.

Time is a factor for theft... If its easy its gone.
  3. menchhofer

menchhofer LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

As mentioned above, out of sight is best..

I would not worry too much about the padlock they will just take bolt cutters and cut it off..if not then most thieves simply cut the chain.

If they want it bad enough they will get it. All you can do is try and slow them down
  4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

12 Gauge I shot at one about 9 years ago. word got around i guess.
  5. J&R that does work well:D
  6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Alan Dershowitz wouldn't approve, neither the thieves.

Thieves have learned to "recognize".
  7. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

I lock up everything on the trailers all the time.Whether i'm at a job site or at the shop .It's safer to lock up the equipment ; why make it easy for some mope to steal my equipment.
    About locks, i say any lock can be cut but a lock will slow someone down , or may deter someone altogether from trying to steal my equipment.
    About unloading.To much work to do every night. We unload just on the last day of the week. We clean all of the equipment water /soap / WD 40 , then everything goes into the locked garage after they air dry.
  8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I live in the Grand old South. We do things the way they should be done. If old ain my yard 3 am. getting one of my mowers. lets say if the trigger slips old Alan sh**
  9. BB36

BB36 LawnSite Member

Try telling that to the judge.
  10. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

I lock all my stuff up on the trailer and then park the trailer in the garage then lock and put a couple 2x4s across the back door.