1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Locking trimmer racks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yater, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

I've become frustrated with the search function. Apparently, "locking" to some doesn't mean locking against theft. I want a two trimmer rack that LOCKS my trimmers. I've looked at the green touch Xtreme series but don't see a LOCK. Who makes a real locking trimmer rack? I want to be able to run into walmart or to grab some lunch without the opportunists running off with my gear.

While we're at it, how about a blower rack that locks?
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

my gridiron set up locks my trimmers with the lock kit you buy for it. and the blower rack comes with holes that you put the lock through and you wont be able to open the slide.
  3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

4. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

We like the jungle jims trimmer racks. They hold the trimmers tight and one lock locks them all.
  5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I just bought a set of trimmer racks last year that were basic but I think the all are lockable.
  6. Yater

The Xtreme racks look like they lock with a single key for both trimmers (on the 2 trimmer rack). Can anyone confirm this? That $159 pricetag looks stout but will pay for itself the first time it saves me a stolen trimmer...........but do they mount to the trailer RAIL? What's up with that? There's no way that wouldn't sway all over the place.
  7. Yater

I'm considering the jungle jims but there are no pics and no information about the locks. Can someone post pics or explain this? Is there an inline lock for both trimmers? I'd love pics or schematics.
  8. Yater

Ok, after looking at the options, I'll buy the first 2 trimmer rack that shows me a picture of the locking mechanism and mounts to the trailer floor. The jungle jim pictures and site just don't cut it. The Xtreme mounts to the rail of the trailer (open)....again, no way. I want pics or schematics and will pay $200 for a good rack....anyone?
  9. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

You can make your own for about $10.00. I did. It consists of a 2 x 4 cut in half, bolted to my trailer, with large eyelets serving as the part that holds the trimmers/edgers.
  10. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

i wouldnt put them on the floor just takes up space and you can catch your deck on them if you dont watch out i got some trimmer racks from lowes for 80 bucks theyre made by carry on trailers so i thought the would be pretty good and sure enough they work like a dream although it does hold 3 trimmers i bought that and some locking hitch pins to go in place of the normal pins with cotter keys heres the links (i would give you the online link to the ones at lowes but it doesnt show them online):