1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Locqus Truck Trackers Beta Test

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Locqus, Jun 9, 2014.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

How about a company with over 20 trucks?
    5 mow crews, 5 landscape crews, 2 hydroseeder trucks, 2 side dumps, 3 end dumps, 3 supervisor vehicles, a plant beds maintenance truck, a chemical spray truck, two water trucks….

THAt'd be a beta test!

We run most of the trucks full year round, the trucks that don't get used in the winter (the mow trucks) get the GPS switched to four loaders.

Something I noticed with our current GPS.
    They frequently malfunction.

A guy couple be home for an hour, but the GPS tells me his truck is still out servicing a hotel (this happened to day)

A month ago we had a truck going 471 mph on it's way to fairbanks, when I was looking at it sitting in the yard….

90% of the time, they work fine… have no idea why they go haywire sometimes.

We use CLIP.
    BUT clip isn't integrated with our GPS…they are two separate systems.

Would be interested in going with something that did the routing, scheduling, synced with QB AND recorded times on site while syncing with GPS.

Best system I have watched so far (in a live demo) has been Operasoft.

What is your proposed refresh rate for the GPS units/software?
  2. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ Now that would be one helluva beta test! Ours are about 98% non-malfunctioning, what our beta testing is for! Testing the ins and outs of how the data should be pulled and processed. Going haywire could be manufacturer defect or mostly, what we have found is the onboard car system or dead port which can throw them off.

Our current refresh rate is 5mins when the vehicle is on and every 2 hours when off, we are playing with how often we can pull them and we are finding we can probably do every 2 mins on and every hour off. Again, why we are Beta testing to figure all that stuffs out! I will toss you a message for more details.

Operasoft has crazy depth! We are about a year out from that type of system, but again, they do make you pay for it. Our price points are pretty good, especially since we add that type of depth and functionality weekly. Baby sharks grow up, and all those fun metaphors.
  3. jccntry

jccntry LawnSite Member

We are running 2 mowing trucks and a spray truck. Could we take a look at it?

Jerry Clemons
  4. Locqus

from Detroit

^^ Would be a perfect fit. Toss me an email and will get you setup!
  5. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Looking forward to my test unit! Thanks Paul.

- Matt
  6. Locqus

from Detroit

Dropped it in the mail this morning! It is en-route! ETA this Saturday!