Loegering VTS tracks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RockSet N' Grade, Dec 21, 2009.

1. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I have a VTS track system on my skid. Getting close to rubberband replacement. Are there aftermarket suppliers of tracks or do you have to buy Loegering? I checked on price from Loegering and they are pretty proud....for a 12" track for my Gehl 5640T they want $1,921 each plus freight. Any thoughts ideas out there? Ktraxx.......any thoughts?

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I talked to KR awhile ago and he might have some different brand or tread that was interesting. I know he has been crazy busy, will pm you his email if you want.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Stuve.......emailed KR........will report back, if and when.......

4. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

I just got a set of replacement tracks from KRtraxx for my 59 link VTS system. He got me a pair of the Mclaren Nexgen TDF tracks. I think they are one of the first sets to go out for VTS systems. I have not driven with them yet. You have to unbolt the system to take the front hub out to get them on, and as much as I wanted to put them back on to drive them around and see how they were I just put the tires on for snow and will have to wait until March to see how they ride. The tracks look very nice though and should have a lot smother ride then the originals.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Are those more like an ASV/Cat track? I have the old 'blocky' style and are rough when running two speed.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Can you post a picture of the tread? I will be in RSG shoes next year. I about fell over when he told me what they cost from Loegren

7. Premier Landscaping

Premier Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from ND

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

What is the cost? I am about ready for a new set contacted him the other day for the replacements but would rather have those next gens.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

He was quoted $1850 or so for 15" plus $300.00 shippinng. So 2K a piece. That is pretty steep. I have the 18" tracks so they would likely be more yet. I also want the new tread design if I go to the VTS OEM track. That old style blocky tread is a vibration producing tread.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I watched the video, I agree with Swede I think I would rather have those. I would like to hear from someone who runs that track, it would appear to me that it would perform well in snow as well. What was the cost of these from Mc Laren?