1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo Advice.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrusk, Mar 27, 2005.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Here is my logo i had made at design outpost. After showing it to family on easter. Everyone told me i should remove the small 'R'. What do you guys think. They all thought it looked like my name was R Rusk Enterprises. Which it ain't. What do you guys think.

Hopefully the pic loads!

Attached Files:

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. Remove the small "r". It will flow better, and look better overall. Nice job.
  3. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Yeah something isnt quite right there... I think I actually like it without the fancy 'R'

or if you could, like you said, get rid of the little r and slide it all into the big one a bit that might work as well.

4. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks a little too much like a construction company. You won't get many female customers with a logo like that.
  5. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I agree for sure, here the market that is purchasing our type of services is primarily comprised of 55- 75 year old women.
  6. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Looks good to me, but I agree about the Rs.

By the way, speaking of logos...I'm wanting to play around and try to put one together myself, but I'm not sure where to start. Is there a simple program out there that I can use to get me going? I'm not much of an artist, and I really don't have a lot of ideas floating around in my head, so I know I should probably just hire someone to do it. (I know it's not child's play.) But at the very least I want to draft something on my own so it is my idea.
  7. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

waht you may want to do is write down styles you like and don't like at first ..then do rough sketches of what you are looking for
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Get rid of the small "r" and change the grey text to white. You are gonig to have to pay for a 3rd color on signs which will cost you more money. Also, if it was white it will stick out more.
  9. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

10. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

How about something like this. Made it in 6 mins but just an idea

Attached Files:

• rUSK.bmp
      File size:
      918.9 KB