1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Logo/avatar

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Allen's LS, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

This may be the wrong forum to post this in, but hopefully someone will know how or where to direct my questiion.

This is probably a very simple deal. I have my logo made up in Freehand 10 or Freehand 11. I want to use it as my avatar here but don't know how to shrink it down or change its format, if posible? Can someone explain how to do this? :help:

2. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

Use a photo editing software on your computer to resize it. I just opened the picture in adobe photoshop, clicked edit, and then resize.

3. Allen's LS

S*** I don't have adobe photoshop... And I've tried other stuff.... I guess its time to learn about computers.... LOL

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

if you have paintshop, you can resize it there too. it needs to be 100 x100 pixels.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Use resize2mail.com.

6. Allen's LS

I have now tried all of these ideas. My image is pixelizing... I wonder if it even cam be brought down to 100 x 100??? Like I said before. I am very limited on my knowledge of computers. :cry: If there are any more ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks again for everyones help.

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Don't give up there has to be a way. Do you have win xp? If you do right click on your pic and choose the pick a program to open it. Convert it to the windows fax viewer and then send it to resize2mail.

What format is it on?

8. Allen's LS

S man,

Its in Freehand. I sent it to resize2mail and it could do it with out it pixelizing... :realmad: Thats why I work outside... I'm not a computer guru... :dizzy:

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If everything else fails, and you would like someone else to resize it for you, you may send it to me at Probably29@yahoo.com and I'll get it fixed for you so you can use it as an avatar.