1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo Choices - Which one would you not want the Competition to have?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hamons, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Which one do you like?

I have started from Step 1 with my logo's design and have come up with these two rough drafts.

Tell me which one you like and any suggestion on changes.

Thank you for your input!!!!
  2. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

put the tree from 2 in 1 instead of the leaf.
  3. keith826

keith826 LawnSite Member

I like them both great job But #2 is more colorful go with 2.
  4. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

5. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

6. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Think about how your logo is going to be applied both with printing, embroidary and screen printing. The tight registration on the logos increases the cost and the technical requirements of the printer. It looks like Logo #2 might be easier to apply the logo. however, I do like logo #1 better, I like the abstract feel to it, but it's "dark" with all the black.
  7. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Number two looks like the winner in my eyes. Very well thought out logo with a pretty awesome design. Kudos to you and your design.
  8. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input -- Keep it coming!!!!

I want to give some feedback to the Graphic Artist I am working with on this as soon as possible -- but I like to get as many differnt peoples opinions as possible first.

I am a part - time landscaper -- full time teacher. I have worked for a local company for about 5 years always running a crew during the summers. Last year I started on my own and am now getting more serious -- fully licenses and insured.

The logo will be part of my Spring advertisement as well as signs for my black truck, which is one of the reasons for the darker colors.

To me a logo is very important when you start out becasue you don't want to change it in 5 years. Do you guys agree.

Keep the suggestions coming --- Brutally Honest Comments are the most helpful!!!!!
  9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

The top one looks like the Rolling Stones logo.
  10. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would love to give a brutal comment, but i think they both look good. However #2 stands out to me, it really looks good!