Logo comments...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day folks,

please forgive me if this isn't in the right area, wasn't sure where it should go...politey.

Had a logo done, just after feedback, comments, critisism etc.

For my business at Hervey Bay, Queensland Australia, (on the coast) do large lawns to acreage...

thanks.

btw, this is to go onto vehicle doors and trailer sides.

gatorlogo.jpg

2. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

looks good to me

3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Hi Tony,
    Looks good.I'd make the company name stand out more by reducing the size of the "mowing service" or better yet rename it to "lawn care".
    Also,I'm not sure if they've fixed the problem,but with Logo Creator you can't render a true 300dpi image that WILL be required when used on something large like vehicle signs.It will come out quite blurry when enlarged.
    Even though the software says it's 300 dpi,doesn't mean it really is.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Sure is an attention grabber! I like it... except for the "mowing services" part of it. But maybe that's all you do?

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would put the slogan in "parentheses" and then the number below it. That is how most are done here in the states mate, but it might be different down under.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah Tony, looks good, I agree though, I'd parenthesize, mowin service too and make it Lawn care..

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, great feedback, thanks!

G'Day Walker Talker, I know nothing about this stuff, the logo was meant as a gag, but then I decided I liked it, totally different to what I thought. What is "parentheses?"

G'Day Lawn-Scapes, Mowing Services, Lawn Care, Lawn Services....hmmmmm.
    As I only do ride on work for large lawns and acreage, industrial, commercial, I think mowing is more accurate than lawn care etc, over here we don't do lawn apps. just cut, trim and go.
    I'll admit lawn...sounds better, more yards and paddocks I mow.
    Great advice though. I'll toss the idea around.

G'Day Nick, good points. I don't know what software was used, the sign people will worry about that end hopefully, thanks.

G'Day ince8728, Thanks mate!

Thankyou guys, appreciate your feedback, excellent!

More feedback required please folks...

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Ok, I'll be the critical one. I'm not bashing it, these are just my first impressions, and my opinions only, so it doesn't mean you're logo is bad.

1. There should be more space between the words "A Perfect Cut." They're too close to each other right now.

2. What the others said - "Mowing Services" is too big and overpowers the company name.

3. I see you used all capital letters. I like that look too, but I like to make the first letter of each word larger than the rest, so maybe something like: A PERFECT CUT

4. Too many colors. I think the blue looks out of place unless you mow near lots of water/ponds and that's what the blue is supposed to represent. The text is in 3 different colors, just seems like too much to me.

5. I'm working on a character for my logo too so I don't have anything against that, but I think the gator/croc looks too, I dunno, comical. He also looks kind of chubby/lazy. I think it'd look better if he was more in shape looking, and maybe wearing a service uniform.

Sorry, didn't mean to rip it to shreds, those were just my initial thoughts. :)

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Here are the changes I would make...

I would change the "circular part" from green to orange-fade to-yellow... like the phone number. This would represent the sun.

Change the blue part to green... reps the grass.

Change the gator (or crock?) to a golden-brown color. Make him a liitle tougher looking. :)

Keep "A PERFECT CUT" just the way it is.. and make the "Mowing Services" smaller with the caps on "M" and "S" only.

Change phone number to black.

I don't really think you need the slogan on there... but if you insist... maybe try wraping above the circular part at the top (in black... not too big).

G'day and G'luck :D

10. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

They used Logo Creator.I have that program and ran into the 300 dpi problem when having signs made.Although it looked good when printing on my home printer,the sign company pointed out that the edges were fuzzy and the logo blurred when enlarged.
    That's when I gave up and went with Gopher.
    Good luck to you.