logo design

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mike M, May 24, 2007.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Anyone ever try logoworks on the internet?

On that note, anyone have any recommendations for logo designers?

Logoworks has some nicely priced packages.

Mike

2. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

3. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Logo Works was wonderful, buy as many concepts as you can afford.

logo_web_gif.gif

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

mines on my website. Private girl in Canada did it. EXCELLENT service. EXCELLENT price and she did our cards and letterheads for us. Another guy did my website. Half the price of comparative quotes. He is in the USA and had the fastest turn around time I have ever seen. The photo album I can edit myself thru a database EASY and he is always thrilled to answer a question about it.

PM or email me if you need to contact them.

integritysarah.jpg

5. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Once again I find myself raining on the parade (of budget priced marketing).

As with everything else, you get what you pay for with logo design. Anyone with photoshop, a computer and half a brain can create a logo.

A fair logo can be created by a high school student in about 30 minutes for about $50 to $100. A good logo can be created by a freelance designer (or online logo shop) for about $100 to $250. An extremely good logo can be created by a graphic design pro specializing in logo design for about $750 to $1000.

1. Unless you are a graphic design or marketing pro, you should not trust your own judgement on the quality or effectiveness of a logo. It is your potential customer who is the final judge and that customer may or may not be able to articulate what they like or don't like about your logo, but they will have a sense of it. In other words, if your nephew is designing your logo and you and him are the sole deciders, don't expect a good result.

2. The quality and effectiveness of a logo involves a complex combination of esthetic factors (color, form, proportion, etc.), memorability, appropriateness, presence or absence of positive associations, strength, uniqueness, competitor equity, flexibility of use and other factors. If you haven't considered or don't understand these factors then hire a good pro.

3. The creation of your corporate logo is an extremly important event. You will be using it for the life of your business. If it is an excellent logo, it adds value to your business - it may even increase the selling price of your business at some future date.

Regardless of who is designing your logo, I strongly suggest posting the logo drafts in the following forum to get expert opinions: http://www.webproworld.com/submit-your-logo-review/

6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

sniff sniff... I thought you liked my logo steve.

7. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Tell us what you really think Steve, excellent comments.

8. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Yes, logos are a form of rocket science... NOT!

Keep it clean and relevant. Make sure it is eyecatching but not too flashy.

Make a few and ask around,get opinions from those in your community that you trust. Tweak here and there and you have your logo.

If you were a national firm looking for marketshare in multiple countries then go the route of the mega marketing company. You are a local landscaper likely doing less than 1 million a year. Don't reinvent the wheel.

9. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I like everyone logo's, very professional. Any thoughts on background -- I've always liked white or neutral, and on white trucks. But now I think I may want to go with a bright or light colored logo on black, for a black truck and for my current vehicle window decal.

10. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

PM me for help