1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Logo Design

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grassrootsinab, Mar 2, 2005.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a logo designed for my company. I was reading some threads last year and heard some recommendations for the Designoutpost.com. I visited the site last year and most of the contests were in that $75 range. I just went back and now the minimum is $125. As I am part-time, money is an issue so I was wondering if anyone has heard of similar design sites that they could recommend. I must say, the work that I have seen on the Design Outpost site is fantastic....maybe it's as we say "you get what you pay for". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. turfsurfer

turfsurfer LawnSite Senior Member

You're correct, you get what you pay for. Don't forget, your logo will become an identifying feature for your company that people will come to associate with you. $125 is dirt cheap for coming up with something so important.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

and i'd recommend bidding a bit higher. $150 would probably generate more interest and effort. also, keep in mind that what you are receiving from their service would cost you at least 5 to 10 times as much if you walked into a design shop.
  4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Grass roots.
    I tried a friend @ $35/hr which did not work out. Even then she expected at least 3 hours. Her mom got sick and I got no logo. Design outpost is not a bad deal for $125 to $150. You should get a couple of different aspects and some good designs. Make sure in your ad to put all the types of logos you will need. Tonygreek seems to know a ton about this stuff, but from what I have read/heard you will probably want it in .ai, .jpg, a transparent one for your web site, etc. This is something you will use forever, hopefully, so I would spend the money. If you have to cut costs, don't do it here.
  5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Thanks for all the feedback guys!! I really appreciate it. I guess the other part of the cost is that I'm from Canada (please don't hold that against me) so our dollar doesn't go quite as far on these US sites. I agree that my company's image is nothing to take for granted. I'll probably go with the design outpost. I'll keep you up to date as to the final product etc. Thanks again for the advice!

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Wow...the prices are going up. Just last December the price was $100. I know there has been a lot of business from LS users in the last few months. I like to visit the sight from time to time just to check out what artist are doing what.
  7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

We just had ours done on design outpost. Less than $200 total for a new Logo and a new business card. We get asked all the time, who did that for you? People love it. Grass Roots, do a search. There was another Grass Roots who had their Logo done on design outpost.
  8. DigitalSpy

DigitalSpy LawnSite Member

$125 for something that, in many cases, will be the first thing seen by a potential customer is absolutely dirt cheap. Flip through the yellow pages and take a look at your competition and put yourself in the customers shoes. Don't you want to hire a service that looks truely professional, reliable and stable? A properly designed logo will help convey that message.

Some lawn clients may think "Why hire a LCO when I can have the neighboors kid cut my grass for 1/4 of the price?" As TurfSurfer said "you get what you pay for". Professionals cost more because that's what the are - professionals. And the results show
  9. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Jeff, where from Canada are you from? I live just outside Toronto.
  10. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

Whats the name of your company and what kind of design we're you thinking? Color"s? Lay out?Let's hear what your thinking. Then maybe you can get more help. Best regards, Jeremy