Logo help and name..... Especially name right now....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by aaronmg, Jan 29, 2013.

1. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

"Aaron's Mow&Grow" opinions good and bad before I take the leap into the role of ownership of an entity... Be honest... I live in the sticks..... no places for logo design around here.....logoarena.com or 99designs.com? I appreciate all the help I can get!!! Oh... by the way the grow part is meaning a fertilization/pesticide program.... Hopefully with not having lawncare or maintenance in my name I can be selective in my fert and squirt program....weed out the pita's before they become pita's .... logo will be here in a couple weeks....

2. oiboy626

oiboy626 LawnSite Member

I have never been a fan of using personal names in business. Mow and Grow sounds cool but doesn't sound very professional to me. If you are going for a very professional look to the company, I would suggest something more original. Say something like TWIN OAKS LANDSCAPE, KING PALM LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE, VALLEY GREEN LAWN CARE, etc.

3. aaronmg

I agree!!! but all the cool names are taken here...my name is gonna take off i think...wait til i get the websites up its gonna be insane!!!!

4. aaronmg

i know your from los angeles i invite you this friday and saturday to western md... if you haven't seen snow well nows your chance...

5. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen plenty of companies use their first and or last name and be sucessful. Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and landscape. I can even think of Restaurants too.

I think you need to find a domain name, then do a record search at the state and county level. Reserve it and go. However, if you landed on this name because the cool ones are taken? Then that should tell you to keep looking.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This scares the hell out of me. lol

Definitely follow ELS' advice on name research.

7. oiboy626

oiboy626 LawnSite Member

Oh no, I'm not saying you ain't going to be successful. All I'm saying is that choosing a unique name gives the professionalism of the business as soon as you begin. There is nothing wrong with it. My dad uses our last name for his business and he is extremely successful. (Huerta's Gardening & Landscape)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

It doesn't sound as professional, but it is your business, not ours.

-Michael

9. aaronmg

I'm just thinking out of the box...I've researched the logistics of using my first name and unless I'm renting furniture, I'm good. Anyone have experience with having separate divisions within there own company? Therefore, having different names?

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure what you mean and or why at this point and time.