LOGO help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HarryD, Jan 22, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

well I seen $20 and red flags went up. I think if your going to have a pro design one it should be someone you can meet face to face so you can revise it and really explain what your looking for .
  2. HarryD

I never said I bought publisher ;) also just got photo shop & illustrator. so we will see what I can come up with. I think ill buy one of the adobe books to get me started . the program is pretty over whelming :eek: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Am I missing something here. A full version of Photoshop sells for $599, Illustrator is $390 and you're going to add some books to the pile? Add to that, your learning curve and the time it will take to actually create the logo and you've got well over $1300 wrapped-up in this little project. Far more than it would cost to have one created for you by a professional. It all seems a little penny wise and pound foolish.
  4. MacKenzie

MacKenzie LawnSite Member

I know I'm new to this site guys, but here is my two cents...

BIG TIME ditto to turfmarketing!!! You'd be crazy to invest your money in a high-end professional design software like illustrator only to use it a few times!

If you have a bit of creativity, and your good with MS Office programs, publisher will be just fine. Sure, you don't get all the bells & whistles of Adobe - but do you really need them for a simple project?

I designed my own logo and brochures with Publisher & Word. I just took some of their existing templates & modified them to my liking and was happy with the results. As was the professional printer where I got them printed up.

That's my .2
  5. Lawn Solutions

Lawn Solutions LawnSite Member
    from midwest

For $150 you get 11 designs to choose from. I just got mine today.
    They ask you a ton of questions to get a feel of your business and marketing position.
  6. HarryD

do you think I would spend $1300 to try and make a logo. :confused: I think not. I would rather have a new redmax backpack blower & trimmer. File sharing is all im gunna say:rolleyes: so if I buy a book im out only $30 bucks or so and my time. which at this point I have alot of:sleeping:
  7. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Software illegally, dload the trial version and design within 30 days!