Logo Ideas??? What do you guys think if this one?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by the.hines, Jul 13, 2010.

1. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

Just playing around with my program, What you think of this one?

Logo 1.jpg

2. the.hines

Thought about changing the font coloring on the "Landscaping and Gardens" to maybe a yellow or something like that.

3. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

There's alot of left over space you could fill with the size of the text.

4. the.hines

Thought about that, but don't know if I want a "busy" logo. I figured that would be what the flyer or door hanger would be for.

Thank you for your reply anyone else?

5. socallawndude

socallawndude LawnSite Member

I like it! Im working on a new logo myself, and its funny cause most lawn logos include a tree because you cant really draw grass, but I thought using a leaf (as I dont do trees) gets the point across well too.

6. mnglocker

I'm not saying add more text, I'm saying make it larger so I don't have to squint, it's too damned small.

Logos and signs need to be clear, concise and to the point. No fluff. People have to be able able to glance at it and remember it in 2 seconds. If it takes longer they won't bother when driving by a job, or on the freeway.

7. the.hines

AAAAWWWW.... Very good Danielson, I see know said the blind man.

Thanks

8. the.hines

Alright little lunch break from the full time job.... No lunch today just playing on here

Alright which one out of these 2 do you prefer?

Logo 2.jpg

Logo 3.jpg

9. mnglocker

The top one, however, ditch the script/cursive font, use helvetica/arial. And change the wording to "Garden & Landscape"

Landscaping is a verb, not an improper noun. You'll find the your eyes and brain will start you at garden in either place you put it, while still wanting to scan to the right. So put "garden" first and then your brain will take in "landscape".

10. mnglocker

Also, use a brigher "planet" "lime" or "apple" green for your lettering with the exception of "Garden & Landscape" that pop's nicely in yellow, just tone it down to a canary yellow, the JD'ish yellow is too much contrast to take in.